Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Sunday Day on Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park



Well, it was a wonderful Sunday in Virginia! After kind of a crazy sleep schedule, I woke up about noon, and then left for Skyline Drive, a 105 mile scenic roadway in Shenandoah National Park.
I left my apartment around 1:30pm, and arrived to the park entrance around 2pm. I reached the end of the 105 miles around 7pm, and then drove back, finishing around 9:45pm, and then back at my apartment around 10:15pm. So, I had a nice time in my car today exploring and making stops, and, of course, taking a LOT of pictures!


On Friday and Saturday, in between sleeping, I made a couple of mixed CDs to listen to for the big drive back to Mississippi, so I brought them along. The first and last portions of my trip were spent listening to a Christian mix, mostly old hymns, which are my favorite! It was so amazing to see the splendor of God's creation while listening to songs such as "How Great Thou Art."


"Some of my Favorite Christian Songs CD"
1. "Power in the Blood" -- Shane and Shane
2. "Blessed Assurance" -- Alan Jackson
3. "Softly and Tenderly" -- Alan Jackson
4. "I Love to Tell the Story" -- Alan Jackson
5. "Lifesong" -- Casting Crowns
6. "The Old Rugged Cross" -- Brad Paisley
7. "When We All Get to Heaven" -- Alan Jackson
8. "Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus: -- Jackson
9. "I Want to Know You" -- Sonic Flood
10. "In the Garden" -- A. Jackson
11. "Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus" -- Casting Crowns
12. "Are You Washed in the Blood?" -- A. Jackson
13. "I'll Fly Away" -- A. Jackson
14. "O Worship the King" -- Shane and Shane
15. "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" -- A. Jackson
16. "Standing on the Promises" -- A. Jackson
17. "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" -- A. Jackson
18. "When I Get Where I'm Going" -- B. Paisley and Dolly Parton
19. "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms" – A. Jackson
20. "The Old Rugged Cross" -- A. Jackson
21. "Before the Throne" -- Shane and Shane
22. "How Great Thou Art" -- A. Jackson
23. "I Want to Stroll Over Heaven With You" -- A. Jackson
24. "Just a Closer Walk with Thee" -- Patsy Cline 25. "Blessed Assurance" -- Shane and Shane
26. "These Thousand Hills" -- Third Day










No comments: